Unable to connect to channel (ERROR 451 ???) HELP pls

Help with EFnet related issues

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/Help Moderators

z_cole

Unable to connect to channel (ERROR 451 ???) HELP pls

Postby z_cole » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:08 pm

Hello, Firstly I'm a complete newbie at #<deleted>, so pls be patience.

I have followed http://www.I'm a spammer!-scene.com/articles/xbins.php

I got to stage:
No. 4. After doing that your screen should look like this, if it doesn’t you should click the little yellow folder with the “#+” on it. Next where it says Enter name of channel to join: type in “#xbins” with out the quotes. And then press “Join”.

Unfortunately, everytime i typed in #xbins to join the channel, mirc keep giving ERROR 451: register first???

Could someone pls tell me what is error 451 and how do i get round this problem PLEASE? Any help would be grateful,

Thank you,
steve
orange1

Postby orange1 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:17 pm

I'd try I'm a spammer!-scene help or mirc help. We're really only any good at getting you connected to an IRC server.
z_cole

Postby z_cole » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:08 pm

Hi, Thx for the reply. I have tried everywhere, but very littl eresponse on this problem :cry:

According to:
3.Heres where it starts to get complicated, first open up mIRC and close all the pop-ups then press Alt+O to open up the options menu, where it says IRC Network chose “Efnet” and then underneath that chose the server closest to you. Then click connect Connect to IRC Server. It the server you chose isn’t loading keep on trying other ones until you find one that works, I personally use San Jose.

To be fair,
I don't even know if I'm connected to IRC server????! I'm just guessing I'm as there's a small window pop up withquote:
Status: [no nick] logging on to EFnet (IP or server addr....)

System details:
Mirc 6.16 + Invision 2 build 3515

Should i need to open certain port within F/Wall in order to get into #xbins?? I have asked this Q before on a diffrent forum, but noone seem to know.

Any advice pls?

NB: I am an utterly complete novice at mirc, only came to know the name via my pal.
Last edited by z_cole on Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
deww

Postby deww » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:22 pm

First try plain mIRC. That is, don't install Invision. Try connecting to the many various servers you see listed on this site (click on Servers on the front page of this website). Try them all. You will see a message within the first window of mIRC, which is the status window of the server you are connected to. As stated before, we can't help you with the channel you mentioned, but you can post any relavent info you have connecting to IRC servers and related questions.
z_cole

Postby z_cole » Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:28 am

ok thanks, it's working. Have unistalled invision 2 get it to work. THX again!!