"Forbidden"

Help with EFnet related issues

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/Help Moderators

PsychoticAirHead

"Forbidden"

Postby PsychoticAirHead » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:52 pm

Today I came on efnet.org to use the webchat to realize I now "forbidden" to access this site. Why? I then go to sign up for an account and my most used e-mail is banned.
I have come to recent disagreements with an op in a channel I often visit. But why must it come to this? If he made an complaint that I was abusing this site, I can only defend myself saying he's abusing his power of ops in this channel.
I did nothing the channel stated not to. Hell, I've been visiting this channel since i was 12 (8 years) and then now, banned. It's a personal situation where I don't agree with the guys ethics of use on irc. (I won't go into detail unless asked, for i believe it is irrelevent).
He has banned my friends server (who is also an op in the channel and who's server i use from work), but somehow found away around banning him too. And now this.
Is there anything I can do?

note- i am not posting to complain about him, but to unforbid my address on this site. I am not sure where to go to. If you can direct me if needed, please do so.
Pills
Forum Admin

Postby Pills » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:06 pm

You can't use a yahoo or hotmail address to sign up for this site, among other domains. That's likely the problem here.
admin, irc.umich.edu
oper, irc.servercentral.net
PsychoticAirHead

Postby PsychoticAirHead » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:23 pm

Pills wrote:You can't use a yahoo or hotmail address to sign up for this site, among other domains. That's likely the problem here.
Okay that fixes the problem of my address being banned.
Now the fact that everytime i go to "webchat" I get a msg saying I don't have permission to acces this site, and i am forbidden
Pills
Forum Admin

Postby Pills » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:56 am

Yep, says it for me, too. It must be down. I'll tell munky.
admin, irc.umich.edu
oper, irc.servercentral.net
orange1

Postby orange1 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:40 pm

until chat.efnet.info comes back up, you can use xs4all's webchat.
PsychoticAirHead

Postby PsychoticAirHead » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:44 pm

Thanks.

I guess this was more coincidental than I thought.
Reading too far into things.

but yea, thanks for your help.
munky
Site Admin

Postby munky » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:57 pm

doug didn't like that we were constantly digging into swap memory with the 100-130 webchat users we have at any given time, so he temporarily disabled it.
whether we will add memory and keep it here, or move it to a dedicated server is not decided as yet.
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.