huhh problem help

Help with EFnet related issues

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/Help Moderators

Kalpazan

huhh problem help

Postby Kalpazan » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:58 pm

Im a user who has bnc,few weeks ago when a channel was full i tried to enter clicking #channelname succesively about 1 mins long hoping that i could find a space but finally server banned me
Now whenever i try to enter efnet it says:

''<-psyBNC> Wed Feb 1 06:46:21 :User emreguner () got disconnected (from irc.servercentral.net) Reason: Closing Link: 66.252.4.107 (*** Banned (cache))''

So what should i do now?I hope sumone can help me thanks in advance
wundr

Re: huhh problem help

Postby wundr » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:41 pm

Kalpazan wrote:Im a user who has bnc,few weeks ago when a channel was full i tried to enter clicking #channelname succesively about 1 mins long hoping that i could find a space but finally server banned me

''<-psyBNC> Wed Feb 1 06:46:21 :User emreguner () got disconnected (from irc.servercentral.net) Reason: Closing Link: 66.252.4.107 (*** Banned (cache))''

That is just one of many servers on EFNet. You are probably not banned on all servers. You can connect to another server and just keep on chatting using that server, or once you are connected, you can do /stats p irc.servercentral.net (the server from which you are banned), which will give you a list of the opers on that server and their idle time (in seconds). You could then msg one of them (that isn't idle very long), and ask them why you are banned.
jilles

Re: huhh problem help

Postby jilles » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:41 pm

Kalpazan wrote:Im a user who has bnc,few weeks ago when a channel was full i tried to enter clicking #channelname succesively about 1 mins long hoping that i could find a space but finally server banned me
Hmm, there appears to be a bug in the spambot checks in ratbox that will sometimes mark you as a spambot if you attempt to join in vain too often.

Stupid BNCs. Don't reconnect that often. There is a good chance the kline has already expired but you are making the reject persist by never waiting more than 5 minutes between connect attempts. Note that this is per IP, not per user.

Otherwise do as wundr said.