IRCop ABUSE.. please help

Help with EFnet related issues

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/Help Moderators

Duxoman

IRCop ABUSE.. please help

Postby Duxoman » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:22 am

Well, I was having a discussion on a channel this day, when I had some other meanings than other people on the channel, including the IRCOP with name akai, and also Quai. This IRCops on your network did ban me for no reason I have agreed with when joining your server. Freedom of speech as long as I dont threat or diss anyone. I didnt. This is Wack. Please unban me as fast as possible, and do talk with this IRCops abusing their power. This should NOT happen.

Here is the message:

-irc.homelien.no- *** No Ident response
-
-irc.homelien.no- *** G-lined
-
-irc.homelien.no- *** Banned abuse, threatning users (2006/4/18 11.14)
-

How can this happend, when I dont threaten anybody?
Please fix this asap
munky
Site Admin

Postby munky » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:25 pm

this is not the place to report admin abuse, as this is not an official EFnet forum in which all irc admins are required to check.
contact the server administrators for the servers in which the ircops in question oper on in order report abuse. be sure to include log files.
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.
Handle With Care

Postby Handle With Care » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:54 am

Several things to remember concerning posting complaints about IRC Ops (or opers) here. The first is that we're IRC Operators, not IRC police officers. Our policing functions are more concerned with keeping our servers operating and stopping or preventing violations of individual server policies. These policies can be checked by typing /MOTD and reading the policies or by going to http://stats.efnet.org/ and selecting MOTD for the appropriate server(s). These policies vary from server to server.

Now, as to unbanning you, how would anyone go about doing that since nobody has any idea who you really are. But, don't tell us, as this isn't the place for that, and posting your true identity will probably only gain you spam and harassment from unethical readers of these fora.
EFnet IRC Network Forum Moderator
IRC Operator (IRCOp) irc.Prison.NET
Sic transit gloria mundi.