I need to bribe an admin

Help with EFnet related issues

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/Help Moderators

Dryanta

I need to bribe an admin

Postby Dryanta » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:12 am

Somebody tried to hack my box the other day, couldn't, then dropped it. I want to give an admin of a us server a nice bottle of scotch and/or a free colo to give me a spoof, so that doesn't happen again. This was a one time thing, they found my address from irc, and I had two days of downtime because the box was out of my cheap colo, not my noc and the dns had to propagate back out. I have been contacting opers to figure out who to talk to, and everyone is like 'the admins are too busy for you peon' and 'nobody likes scotch' and 'i bet your datacenter sucks anyways!' I know you admins are important and all, and that its really sweet to run an EFnet irc server... but it kills me that nobody is willing to help someone who is having a problem and willing to make a nice bribe. It's perfectly legal, and who knows... the chat we have might even lead to a serious business relationship. I know a lot of the Valley movers and shakers. :)
munky
Site Admin

Postby munky » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:36 am

are you saying you'll buy the hookers?
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.
deww

Postby deww » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:41 pm

Nice... so instead of you taking the heat, the servers, which already do eat packets daily, will also take yours. I see. Nice trade. :roll:
Dryanta

Postby Dryanta » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:55 pm

deww wrote:Nice... so instead of you taking the heat, the servers, which already do eat packets daily, will also take yours. I see. Nice trade. :roll:
The point of the request is because my host would not have been found to be pen tested/packeted in the first place, unless I was on irc. I'm also going to submit an application to link a server in a few weeks, so if you guys let me join the club I'll be eating my fair share of the packets! :)