Taken over Oppers.

Help with EFnet related issues

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/Help Moderators

Taken over Oppers.

Postby 4111 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:00 am

Okay, myself and a friend created #fw which is the largest channel on efnet. When we first started growing we decided to call on the help of reese. We had an agreement that he would pull his bots at anytime. When we got our bots ready to go, we told him to. He didn't. So we made another agreement that myself and another one of our ops would have total control of our chan through his bots. Obviously that worked for a while. But then suddenly we were both unable to add voices or ops through the bots to our channel. When I tried to contact reese. He just ignored me. Recently djp got me banned from #PS3. I PM'd him and told him to get me unbanned or I'm taking his ops from my channel. He said fuck you and started a bunch of bullshit. So I did like I said and took his ops from #fw after him banning me several times (forcing me to manually remove them with the bots) I was able to remove his ops. The next day I join back up in my channel to be banned completely and removed from the bots.

All I can say is that this is a disgrace to Efnet and gives a bad name to all oppers on Efnet

Anything I can do about it?

<edit>

Also, I still have a few good ops in there on my side. But the problem is Chanfix I think since they can just use it to take the chan over again.
Pills
Forum Admin

Postby Pills » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:25 pm

1) This is a channel issue.
2) You gave someone ops on a channel. As no one owns channels on EFnet, who cares who starts them. You gave someone absolute power on a channel, and they used it.
3) CHANFIX can not "take over" a channel. It can only restore ops to those that have had it most.

So, in essence, there's nothing that can be done. You made a decision to share your power in the channel, and that's it.

Also, if you think that a channel wtih 631 users is currently the largest channel on EFnet, you're nuts.
admin, irc.umich.edu
oper, irc.servercentral.net

Postby 3928 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:35 pm

Takeover? Not at all a takeover

you were the only oped removed, so how does this make it a takeover?

Postby 4111 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:30 pm

A Take-over is when someone else who did not start that channel gets total control without the people that started it allowing them. We never wanted you guys to have total control. I don't even know how you got ops.
Pills
Forum Admin

Postby Pills » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:28 pm

Xodus989 wrote:A Take-over is when someone else who did not start that channel gets total control without the people that started it allowing them. We never wanted you guys to have total control. I don't even know how you got ops.
Bzz. Sorry, that answer is incorrect. You gave ops out. That's not a takeover. That's an internal channel problem.

Also, as I've said many times, if you want to complain about an oper, /admin the server and write.

EDIT: I'm also unsure of who the "you guys" you refer to are. In my nearly 15 years on this network, I can honestly say that I've never even heard of your channel until this post.
admin, irc.umich.edu
oper, irc.servercentral.net