Webchat (Current)

Help with EFnet related issues

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/Help Moderators

Webchat (Current)

Postby 4234 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:05 pm

Has anyone else noticed the CGI:IRC webchat timing out a lot recently :?:

Though I'm not sure if it's a time out or if for some reason it just stops taking any activity from the client side. A few times this past week when using the webchat it will all-of-a-sudden stop taking anything entered at the text box (commands. messages, anything.) Everything else still flows pretty well. Channel activity keeps on showing. When trying to clear cache and trying to resart it is no longer able to connect with host. Anyways, wasn't sure if it was a bug or (as I said earlier) it could just be timing out. It's not a big deal, I just thought you all would want to know.

- dc
Last edited by 4234 on Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
munky
Site Admin

Postby munky » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:52 pm

does your ISP implement a transparent proxy? or do you yourself have a proxy that you go through? router or direct connection?
what browser are you using? have you tried other browsers and been able to repeat the behavior?
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.

Postby 4234 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:09 am

munky wrote:does your ISP implement a transparent proxy? or do you yourself have a proxy that you go through? router or direct connection?
what browser are you using? have you tried other browsers and been able to repeat the behavior?
No. No. Direct Connection. FF2. Yes, both FF2 and IE7. It's OK, I am sure it's just something that has to do with my connection .. even more so if plenty of people use webchat with no problems. I appreciate your help.

Thank you,

- dc
trancer

Postby trancer » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:43 am

Looks like something is resetting your connection though. Using any firewalls?