kicked out but don't know why please help

Help with EFnet related issues

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/Help Moderators

kicked out but don't know why please help

Postby 4615 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:43 pm

Hi there,
I have recently joined the I'm a spammer! mod community. I have found out on xboxscene how to get access to some files. It posts me to mirc and from there use a ftp client to get to the file. The username and password are given me on the #xbins channel.

Today I was truing to access the xbins server via the #xbins channel (to get new password) and found that they were giving me the same password even though I read that it resets the password after logging in. Anyway, I tried that password and got always an error 530 from my ftp client what is supposed to be a wrong password or username. I knew I was using the ones given me on the same time on the #xbins. I tried to get help on the channel by clicking to the users there but no one seemed to be interested in doing it. I kept on trying to get peoples attention by asking them if they could help me when suddenly I got a message that I was spamming. Spamming? I don't know how to do that and why would I, I was just trying to get help. No I'm banned and every time I try to access the #xbins channel I get the message that my ip address has been banned. I have a fixed IP address meaning that it won't change and I'm banned for life? can anyone please help me to rejoin the channel

kind regards

AP
orange1

Postby orange1 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:37 pm

If you were k:lined on an efnet server, it's probably temporary. Try a different server. There's a list at http://www.efnet.org/?module=servers.
if you're k:lined on all the servers, try http://chat.efnet.org and ask an oper to unban you.
If it's not a k:line or d:line, but a channel ban, then take it up with the channel ops, that's not anything we can help with.