Banned: Cached - please help

Help with EFnet related issues

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/Help Moderators

shan

Banned: Cached - please help

Postby shan » Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:44 am

I was logging onto EfNET fine last night, and all I did was visit a few channels, then disconnect. The next time i tried to connect, I received this message: "Banned: Cached" - Can anyone tell me what this means or how I can deal with this? Thank you in advance for any help given! =)

also, half the times I also get a msg:
"You are not authorized to use this server."

I'm so confused :?:
Pills
Forum Admin

Re: Banned: Cached - please help

Postby Pills » Sat Nov 01, 2003 12:41 pm

shan wrote:I was logging onto EfNET fine last night, and all I did was visit a few channels, then disconnect. The next time i tried to connect, I received this message: "Banned: Cached" - Can anyone tell me what this means or how I can deal with this? Thank you in advance for any help given! =)

also, half the times I also get a msg:
"You are not authorized to use this server."

I'm so confused :?:
No idea what the K:line means; it may have been individually set. You could try another open server using irc.efnet.org.

Not every server allows just anyone to join. That's what the unauthorized message is; your client is not allowed on that server.
admin, irc.umich.edu
oper, irc.servercentral.net
munky
Site Admin

Postby munky » Sat Nov 01, 2003 2:32 pm

Pills wrote:Not every server allows just anyone to join. That's what the unauthorized message is; your client is not allowed on that server.
to be more specific, your ident@hostname combination is not in the access list. ie - if you have ~user12@pool-12.smallisp.ro (~ means no ident is running or accessable), and the server in question only allows idented clients, or non-idented clients on *.com, then "you are not authorized to use this server"
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.
leeh
ircd-ratbox coder

Postby leeh » Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:06 pm

shan wrote:I was logging onto EfNET fine last night, and all I did was visit a few channels, then disconnect. The next time i tried to connect, I received this message: "Banned: Cached" -
The "cached" simply means you connected to that server multiple times, were refused access multiple times, so it cached the fact you werent allowed on because pointless reconnecting when you cant get on is a waste of CPU..