Banned?

Help with EFnet related issues

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/Help Moderators

Banned?

Postby 5095 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:34 am

I registered, and put all the right info into MIrc. I can't connect though. It just keeps telling me I'm banned. But how can than be? I'm on the active users list.
wundr

Re: Banned?

Postby wundr » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:47 pm

Jatycre wrote:I registered, and put all the right info into MIrc. I can't connect though. It just keeps telling me I'm banned. But how can than be? I'm on the active users list.
First, there is no registration for EFNet IRC. There is a registration to post messages on this forum software, but that has nothing to do with registering on IRC.

Second, it would help if you could be more specific. Just saying "i'm banned" doesn't give us any info about your case, so we can't help. Could you paste the exact ban message? It might have some more specific info in the ban message.

Third, bans on EFNet are per-server, not for the whole network (in general). Even if you are banned on one server, you probably aren't banned on others. Check the server list at http://www.efnet.org/?module=servers and try connecting to some of the servers on the list. Also, make sure you are NOT using a round-robin address to connect (for example irc.efnet.net, irc.efnet.org, irc.efnet.us, irc.efnet.eu, irc.efnet.ca, irc.*.efnet.org/info) because while they are good to use when you don't know a server address, they connect you to a random server which makes it harder for you to tell exactly which server(s) you are banned on.