Kick Ban for bogus reason (And I am getting tired of it.)

Help with EFnet related issues

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/Help Moderators

Pills
Forum Admin

Re: Kick Ban for bogus reason (And I am getting tired of it.)

Postby Pills » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:52 pm

Keyman0090 wrote:
Please show me something proving he was wrong besides your morals.
Does that really need to be done?
If you want to prove your case, yes. There was nothing wrong done here, according to the network.
admin, irc.umich.edu
oper, irc.servercentral.net
Prophet

Postby Prophet » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:37 pm

I'm amazed this made it 2 pages.
I have never seen someone rag on to this extent about getting kicked from an irc channel.
Sorry you didn't like our decision to remove you. No IRCOP(including myself) took action on you like a kline or a gline so I guess what it really boils down to here is that you are offended in some way people you don't know at all removed you from a free for the public irc channel.

Rather than complain for days which make no difference to anyone, why not just start your own channel. Let me know if you want and I will come in and let you ban me too if it makes you feel better about the situation.

At first I was really annoyed with the continued harassment on this with the PM's and the constant ban avoiding you did, but now, I'm just sad for you, that you would cry this hard on an issue of getting banned from an irc channel rather than create your own channel or just move on.
---------------------------
irc.nac.net
Keyman0090

Postby Keyman0090 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:29 am

I am offended that you banned me from a channel for asking a legitimate question.

Make up all the stuff you want about how thats the way efnet works, its just plain wrong to treat someone like that.

I don't care how many people tell me that a chanop can do what ever they feel like doing, it still doesn't make it right.
dubkat

Postby dubkat » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:19 am

Keyman0090 wrote:
Move on.
My answer to that is no. I won't move on.
What an interesting thread. It's been so long since ive seen such an active thread about something so ridiculous.
I believe they sell tissues at the local Wal-Mart, you can then go and cry a river. Im sure the URL for mail-order can be found via Google.

I bet if you spent as much time looking on google for your answer as you have reading and repling to this thread, and writing your little whiny letters to people who don't care, you would have your answer.

anyway, Move On.

ps. I always knew Prophet was an abuser of monkeys !
Dan
[A] efnet.port80.se
[O] efnet.portlane.se, irc.nordunet.se
[CHANFIX] Authentication successful. Welcome, dubkat.
ircd-ratbox & dronemon developer
Keyman0090

Postby Keyman0090 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:28 am

Thanks for chiming in dubkat! Your comments are appreciated although I am not really sure by whom because it's certainly not by me.
Handle With Care

Postby Handle With Care » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:13 pm

This is what makes EFnet EFnet. Any channel op can kick/ban anybody he or she wants for any reason or for no reason whatsoever. The only ones that channel op has to answer to are the other ops in that channel. Not all channels with "helpful" sounding names are there to help. Other than that, the user has only one recourse: find another venue, either search engine or channel. Helpful resources are: http://searchirc.com/ and http://irc.netsplit.de/channels/
EFnet IRC Network Forum Moderator
IRC Operator (IRCOp) irc.Prison.NET
Sic transit gloria mundi.