Cannot connect from Turkey

Help with EFnet related issues

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/Help Moderators

terasus

Cannot connect from Turkey

Postby terasus » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:17 pm

Hi,
I could able to connect irc.vel.net server yesterday but today I can't. I think Turkish IP range is banned. It is not fair. I hate spammers too. But everyone in Turkey is not spammer such as me. So, is there any way to get in efnet? Please help me!

Code: Select all

[20:46] * Connecting to irc.vel.net (6667)
-
[20:46] ERROR *** Banned: Spam
Handle With Care

Re: Cannot connect from Turkey

Postby Handle With Care » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:00 pm

Not all servers accept connections from all IP ranges. Similarly, not all IP ranges are rejected by all servers. Try different servers.

While you are correct that not everybody from Turkey is a spammer, our experience has been that Turkish ISP's completely ignore all reports of spammers, and since Turkey is in the top three of spam sources, there is not much an IRC server can do until Turkish ISP customers join the complaints to their internet provider.

Finally, using someone's BNC, joining #velocity, stating your problem, and then immediately quitting, doesn't give us much of a chance to discuss further information we might need to research and investigate the problem.
EFnet IRC Network Forum Moderator
IRC Operator (IRCOp) irc.Prison.NET
Sic transit gloria mundi.
terasus

Postby terasus » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:38 am

I tryed to join other servers too. But no chance.

[09:33] ERROR *** Banned: No Reason (2006/9/5 23.45)        -----> irc.prison.net
[09:33] Closing Link: 127.0.0.1 (You are not authorised to use this server)         -----> irc.mindspring.com 
[09:33] ERROR *** Banned: turktelecom       ---------> irc.servercentral.net
Handle With Care

Postby Handle With Care » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:31 pm

That is just two servers, making a total of three you indicate you have tried. There are 59 more. Not all reject Turkey.
terasus

Postby terasus » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:40 am

Well, I have connected successfully 2 servers. But after connect I am blacklisted. why ? :roll:

You are banned from this server- Temporary K-line 1440 min. - Blacklisted IP found. Visit the website openrbl.org/dnsbl?i=78.169.2x9.xxx for info. (2008/7/29 04.39)
Handle With Care

Postby Handle With Care » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:12 pm

That seems to indicate that you are still spamming, which indicates that, if you are not controlling it, then your computer is infected with a virus or trojan. Recommend you check with the following method:

********* PLEASE FOLLOW EACH STEP CAREFULLY!!!!!!!! If you skip a step ********* IT WILL NOT WORK!! *********
1) Download the program cleaner5free.exe from http://www.moosoft.com or ftp://ftp.moosoft.com/pub/ and remember where you save it to.
2) Run cleaner5free.exe to install the program.
3) Run The Cleaner by clicking on the desktop icon created.
4) Press the Home tab then the Check for Updates button.
5) After updates are installed, select Options.
6) In the Scanning tab check box labelled Scan inside archive files.
7) In the Heuristics tab, make sure Disable Heuristics box is unchecked and set to normal.
8) Close The Cleaner and reboot your computer into Safe Mode -- If you do not know how to boot into Safe Mode, instructions are at http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ts ... 2409420406
9) Unplug your modem during the scan.
10) When your computer reboots, start The Cleaner AS STEP 3, select Home, then press the Scan System button.
When you are finished with the above, reboot again, plug your modem back in, and update your Windows at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com
Finally, change ALL your passwords, as they may have been seen by every hacker in the world.

If you are still K-lined, check with that URL you were given for more information.
terasus

Postby terasus » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:25 am

Thanks for reply.
I am connected to chowned.org now. I wish they will not ban me. :?