why is verizon blacklisted on all US Region servers?

Help with EFnet related issues

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/Help Moderators

frustrateduser

why is verizon blacklisted on all US Region servers?

Postby frustrateduser » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:31 am

i've had this problem for as long as i can remember and i just tried to get back on irc and greeted with the same problem.

irc.nac.net
You are banned from this server- Temporary K-line 4320 min. - Blacklisted IP found. Visit http://cbl.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi?ip=96.225.*.* for info. (2008/8/26 22.09)

irc.blessed.net
You are banned from this server- Temporary K-line 1440 min. - Blacklisted IP found. Visit the website openrbl.org/dnsbl?i=96.225.*.* for info. (2008/8/27 00.40)

irc.colosolutions.net
Banned Temporary K-line 1440 min. - Blacklisted IP found. Visit the website openrbl.org/dnsbl?i=96.225.*.* for info. (2008/8/27 00.40)

irc.easynews.com
Banned constant abuse. please stay off this network.

and a few that refused me connection.

my isp is verizon dsl, a dynamic ip that i can change in seconds and no matter what new ip i use it will always end up blacklisted. openrbl.org tells me nothing remotely useful, cbl.abuseat.org tells me
The CBL only lists IP addresses that are demonstrably infected by a mass mailing virus, or some sort of spam sending compromise (open proxy, trojan, spambot, insecure AnalogX/wingate etc)
which doesn't apply to me because i fit neither one of those. why?

edit: i've only successfully managed to connect using a EU region server but it was the first one i tried and its "new" according to the server description so chances are it will probably get around to blacklisting my ip range as well.
munky
Site Admin

Re: why is verizon blacklisted on all US Region servers?

Postby munky » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:02 pm

we do not run CBL, so we cannot give you details on why you are listed.

I can tell you that we do not ban all verizon clients, as there are well over 700 on the network right now. If you email cbl@cbl.abuseat.org and ask politely, they will tell you why exactly your IP is blacklisted.
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.