After over 10 years I was banned from #altrock need help

Help with EFnet related issues

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/Help Moderators

mblock66

After over 10 years I was banned from #altrock need help

Postby mblock66 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:47 pm

Hi everyone. I found this board and I was wondering if someone on here could help me. I have been on mirc for a very long time and I am usually very invisible and only join a few channels on efnet. One of which is #altrock. Yesterday I joined as I usually do and I simply typed .latest as instructed in the header to see the latest releases. They listed and I saw a new pack that I wanted to I typed the xdcc code (as I always did in the past) and then it booted me and said - you have been banned by (stewie) - there was no other reason...I don't spam in fact I rarely ever even talk, i never paste links or anything.

Now when I try to join it says #altrock unable to join channel (address is banned). It has been 24 hours so I am not sure this is just a temp thing..

I don't know what to do and I have no one to contact...does anyone know how this happened or what I can do to resolve it?

Thanks so much in advance!
munky
Site Admin

Re: After over 10 years I was banned from #altrock need help

Postby munky » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:45 pm

have you tried talking to stewie?
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.
theclosetnook

Re: After over 10 years I was banned from #altrock need help

Postby theclosetnook » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:58 pm

i am having the same issue. i have been an irc user for over 10 years, and i was banned without explanation from #altrock. any help? thanks.