#cracks-world unable to join channel (invite only)

Help with EFnet related issues

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/Help Moderators

hawk658

#cracks-world unable to join channel (invite only)

Postby hawk658 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:03 am

I have a problem ! I used #cracks-world since one year without any kind of problem...but now every time i try to join it i read this message : #cracks-world unable to join channel (invite only).My bad or something of wrong in my system &/or configuration ? Plz can u help me ?

Thanks 4 your time.
best regards.
hawk658

by the way : I got a registration to this web page and after activate the link found in mail box i received always the message : invalid username/password !!!???
hawk nick
wundr

Re: #cracks-world unable to join channel (invite only)

Postby wundr » Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:24 pm

hawk658 wrote:I have a problem ! I used #cracks-world since one year without any kind of problem...but now every time i try to join it i read this message : #cracks-world unable to join channel (invite only).My bad or something of wrong in my system &/or configuration ? Plz can u help me ?
This means exactly what the error message says... the channel is invite-only (channel mode +i). This means that someone opped in the channel needs to /invite you into the channel. Without this, you cannot join the channel. It is not a problem on your end. The only hope you have to find out who is opped in a channel is to do /names #channel, but this won't show you users who are set usermode +i, which 99% of clients set automatically. Basically, if the channel is invite-only and no one is inviting you in, they want you to stay out.
by the way : I got a registration to this web page and after activate the link found in mail box i received always the message : invalid username/password !!!???
You were logged in fine as 'hawk658' when you made your post.
hawk658

Postby hawk658 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:19 pm

Thanks.
hawk nick
munky
Site Admin

Re: #cracks-world unable to join channel (invite only)

Postby munky » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:35 pm

hawk658 wrote: by the way : I got a registration to this web page and after activate the link found in mail box i received always the message : invalid username/password !!!???
if you are trying to log in to the main page, that is for EMC users only, not forum users. perhaps in the future they will be migrated together, but for now, only a few people have access to EMC (click on the users link in the main page to see who has access)
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.
hawk658

Postby hawk658 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:39 pm

Copy that !
Thx
hawk nick