GLined, #efnet, and #help banned

Help with EFnet related issues

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/Help Moderators

Harry_

GLined, #efnet, and #help banned

Postby Harry_ » Mon May 17, 2010 4:42 pm

GLined: laptop.harry.lu
Banned from #efnet & #help: *!*@harry.lu

I am wondering how I can get both of these bans removed.

dubkat stickied the ban in #efnet, and I am assuming he set the GLine as well.
The ban in #efnet was set on 07/04/2010, the GLine was set today.

I tried to talk to dubkat about it recently, up until today when he finally replied.
He stated, "because you're a pest and a ban evader". The ban evasion was accidental and I quickly parted out of the channel when I realized my mistake. He stated I am a pest, because I have been trying to get his attention to ask about the ban for over a week now. So I just asked an operator to poke him (I assume they have +g immunity), in hopes dubkat would actually reply to me.
All he did was take it as if I was trying to annoy him & banned in #help.

I would like to get these problems worked out with little problems, thank you.
raphidae

Re: GLined, #efnet, and #help banned

Postby raphidae » Mon May 17, 2010 6:54 pm

So you know, dubkat did not add your ban in #efnet. Also there's lots of other channels, why make a fuss about these two?
dubkat

Postby dubkat » Mon May 17, 2010 10:49 pm

Harry_ wrote:GLined: laptop.harry.lu
Banned from #efnet & #help: *!*@harry.lu

I am wondering how I can get both of these bans removed.

dubkat stickied the ban in #efnet, and I am assuming he set the GLine as well.
The ban in #efnet was set on 07/04/2010, the GLine was set today.

I tried to talk to dubkat about it recently, up until today when he finally replied.
He stated, "because you're a pest and a ban evader". The ban evasion was accidental and I quickly parted out of the channel when I realized my mistake. He stated I am a pest, because I have been trying to get his attention to ask about the ban for over a week now. So I just asked an operator to poke him (I assume they have +g immunity), in hopes dubkat would actually reply to me.
All he did was take it as if I was trying to annoy him & banned in #help.

I would like to get these problems worked out with little problems, thank you.
oh, so all those proxies you were jumping on to evade bans, and flood #help and numerous other channels across multiple networks was an accident? uh huh....

When i talked to that other oper you were pestering about your ban, i almost considered having it removed, your actions today only further justify the ban, and the length of time it applies (which is perm).

and just another FYI: a channel op can ban another user for any reason, or no reason.
flooding channels will earn you a gline or perm k line on some servers. if being banned from a channel is so upsetting to you, think about what you do before all your hosts are banned off the network.
Dan
[A] efnet.port80.se
[O] efnet.portlane.se, irc.nordunet.se
[CHANFIX] Authentication successful. Welcome, dubkat.
ircd-ratbox & dronemon developer
Harry_

Postby Harry_ » Tue May 18, 2010 8:24 am

raphidae wrote:So you know, dubkat did not add your ban in #efnet. Also there's lots of other channels, why make a fuss about these two?
Because I liked those two! :(
dubkat wrote:oh, so all those proxies you were jumping on to evade bans, and flood #help and numerous other channels across multiple networks was an accident? uh huh....
I never have used a proxy onto efnet in my entire life.
dubkat wrote:When i talked to that other oper you were pestering about your ban, i almost considered having it removed, your actions today only further justify the ban, and the length of time it applies (which is perm).
What actions?
dubkat wrote:and just another FYI: a channel op can ban another user for any reason, or no reason.
flooding channels will earn you a gline or perm k line on some servers.
I know both of these things are true, I was just hoping to get my situation resolved and hopefully unbanned. I have never broken any server or network rules (with the exception of pestering you a bit in hopes you would talk to me, which I don't think would be a violation...)