Can connect to a server but...

Help with EFnet related issues

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/Help Moderators

Shirewolf

Can connect to a server but...

Postby Shirewolf » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:12 pm

I I get disconnected right away when I try to join a channel. ANY CHANNEL. The only way I can get on EFnet now is through mibbit. When I use Mirc I can connect to other servers, but no efnet servers. I've tried most of them and I can connect but again, I get disconnected right away when I try to join a channel. I get this:

"03[05:26] Local host: unknown (67.218.118.62)
-
02[05:26] * Disconnected
Session Close: Mon Nov 15 05:26:17 2010"

I also get this at times:

"03[05:28] Local host: irc.underworld.no (128.39.65.230)
-
03[05:29] * [10053] Software caused connection abort"

can anyone help?:( I'm clueless as to what to do.
Tieshawergy

Can connect to a server but

Postby Tieshawergy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:17 am

Ever since the server got laggy recently Ive been getting Unable to connect to server"/Firewall bug after Champion Select. Or its since last patch I cant say for sure.

But I know many of you are also getting that theres another 20 page thread on this topic but none with a solution.

I live in Japan, a couple friends of mine live in other countries in Asia. Weve all been playing the game for a little over 3 years. This is the first time its happening.

Since I live in Japan and my connection is really really good, I have a VPN server setup for my friends from other countries in asia to connect to me first so were all playing under the same IP. 3 of us in total.

So today this has happened again, we got the Unable to connect to server"/Firewall bug after Champion Select. So what we did was my friends from other countries disconnected thier VPNs to me and was able to connect to the server after. I on the other hand is still unable to connect because I believe my IP has been temporary blocked.

After a the game ended I tried loading a custom game on my own and even the tutorial, no go. Im still unable to connect. Even the tutorial lol

I went to bed after a when I came back after 5 hours it was fine again.

Now Im playing for about 3 hours now the same error has came back.

I realize the problem is that riot has probably put a restriction on certain overseas IP addresses? I know some people in INDIA or HONGKONG is having the same problem.

I later changed my IP address and Im able to play again. But after a few hours Im getting blocked again.

I have come to believe that the problem is that riot is undercutting thier server to reduce lag and people like us are the ones affected.

TL : DR

Long story short, if you change your IP address the problem somehow goes away.

Image ;-)
Handle With Care

Re: Can connect to a server but...

Postby Handle With Care » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:41 pm

In order to help you, need to know which server you are having trouble with and the exact message you receive. Also, what happens when you try a different server?
EFnet IRC Network Forum Moderator
IRC Operator (IRCOp) irc.Prison.NET
Sic transit gloria mundi.