Banned for minority views?

Help with EFnet related issues

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/Help Moderators

Sonofodin

Banned for minority views?

Postby Sonofodin » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:07 am

Hello, I have been banned from #politics and I have no idea why.I did not insult people and only used logic to debate. I advocate anarchism and an end to the drug war which are both minority political positions. Is it against the rules to have a different opinion? I'd like to be unbanned so I can continue to chat in the channel or at shown why I'm banned.

Thanks,
Sonofodin
Handle With Care

Re: Banned for minority views?

Postby Handle With Care » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:12 am

Sorry, but channel operators make their own rules or lack of rules. Any op can kick or ban anyone for any reason or for no reason. Only a channel op can unban someone, and that is entirely within their discretion. They are only answerable to their fellow ops. That is the nature of EFnet, almost a true anarchy. Bans rarely last more than an hour or two.

However, as a self-described anarchist, I find it contradicatory that it appears with your post here, you are complaining to a higher authority.

The sad truth is that everyone is a minority of one sort or another and those running #politics are no exception. As they are quite intolerant of and attack opposing views, one's best bet is to spend one's time in another channel.
EFnet IRC Network Forum Moderator
IRC Operator (IRCOp) irc.Prison.NET
Sic transit gloria mundi.