Banned cuz of clone..

Help with EFnet related issues

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/Help Moderators

mkay

Banned cuz of clone..

Postby mkay » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:08 pm

hey, I've got a shell acc and I've been using up to 4 bots and been connected with two clients to irc.banetele.no for about 6 months now and all has worked out perfectly until now.

At the moment I got 2 bots and only one client connected to that server and now all of a sudden I'm getting the message:

•12:04AM• -irc.banetele.no- *** Banned: Clones are prohibited (2004/04/11 11.15)
-
•12:04AM• Closing Link: ******[*****@255.255.255.255] (Banned)

all bots have always used diff hosts and including me. only thing that is the same is the ident. why all of a sudden is this happening?
banetele started to be harsh on special things like this? :/

I've even tried with diff hosts and I've even killed my bots and still same message.

TIA
wundr

Re: Banned cuz of clone..

Postby wundr » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:30 pm

mkay wrote:hey, I've got a shell acc and I've been using up to 4 bots and been connected with two clients to irc.banetele.no for about 6 months now and all has worked out perfectly until now.
You would probably be better off connecting them to different servers, instead of all to the same server. This would help you with the clone problem, and also would be better for holding your channel (since now, if banetele goes down, all 4 of those bots and your 2 clients all go with it).
The official line in their MOTD says:
- - allowing 4 users per host idented and 2 unidentded.
Maybe identd on the box you were connecting from stopped working, and so you went over the allowed number. Or, maybe one of their opers felt like banning you anyway.

I've even tried with diff hosts and I've even killed my bots and still same message.
Right, because you are banned from the server now. Even if you take your bots down, the ban is still there. If it is a temporary kline, then it will expire on its own, however I would guess it's a perm one, in which case you'll have to get on another server, and /stats p irc.banetele.no and talk to an oper on that server.
munky
Site Admin

Postby munky » Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:00 am

i don't know about banetele, but i usually kline for >=4 user@ip.ip.ip.*, or 3 user@clones.host.name
so i'm not surprised at all if you got banned for 6 connections for the same user@vhost
put your bots on different servers, it's the easiest solution.
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.
mkay

Postby mkay » Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:05 pm

Hm now that I do think about it, I havent even had em all on banetele.no all at the same time. They've been on diff from time to time. Dont think I've had all 4 bots and including me at one point or another on banetele.no at same time actually. And even if I've had them I've only had 2 bots and me if so on banetele.no the past 2 months...

Also I havent had them all on the same host. All have been on diff ones, the only thing thats the same is my ident..

also doesnt ******[*****@255.255.255.255] (Banned) mean my nick and ident is banned, so if I choose a diff nick and ident I could get on?

And the prob is, I'm on over 30 channels on efnet and I've only found as of yet banetele.no and efnet.xs4all.nl to allow over 30 channels. But now when I reattach my bnc if I've been detached I get execess flood on xs4all so that only leaves me to use banetele.no :/
dawg

Postby dawg » Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:25 pm

irc.homelien.no (50), efnet.aixit.de (50), irc.csbnet.se (50), irc.efnet.pl (90)

All of these european servers allows 30+ channels, and i know alot US-servers also allows 30+ channels.

also, nicks dont get banned, its prolly the ident.
And try what wundr said: /stats p irc.banetele.no and talk to a oper there
mkay

Postby mkay » Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:31 pm

yep did /stats p and a oper msg me hehe

the ban is lifted now :)

thanks for the help, appreciated!
munky
Site Admin

Postby munky » Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:40 pm

if you get disconnected with excess flood when you connect, it's because psybnc is crap and doesn't throttle itself. it is sending join commands too quickly, and the connection isn't fast enough to handle the send/recieve queue that builds up.
either use a bnc that throttles itself, doesnt /part on disconnect, or one that doesn't auto-join on connect, and you shouldn't excess flood.
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.