trouble connecting to efnet on adelphia

Help with EFnet related issues

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/Help Moderators

scrypto

trouble connecting to efnet on adelphia

Postby scrypto » Sun May 30, 2004 6:40 pm

the topic pretty much sums it up, i used to have dialup (aol of all things)and had no problems connecting to efnet on a few servers, prison.net mostly, but now that i have cable with adelphia i usually get a message saying

Closing Link: 68-233-192-010.pittpa.adelphia.net (You are not authorised to use this server

i think i've tried every efnet server on the list and either get that message or that it can't resolve the server addess. are there any servers that allow adelphia users?

help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Beige

Re: trouble connecting to efnet on adelphia

Postby Beige » Sun May 30, 2004 9:13 pm

scrypto wrote:the topic pretty much sums it up, i used to have dialup (aol of all things)and had no problems connecting to efnet on a few servers, prison.net mostly, but now that i have cable with adelphia i usually get a message saying

Closing Link: 68-233-192-010.pittpa.adelphia.net (You are not authorised to use this server

i think i've tried every efnet server on the list and either get that message or that it can't resolve the server addess. are there any servers that allow adelphia users?

help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Try /server irc.blessed.net or /server irc.foxlink.net , both servers have dozens of adelphia.net clients connected as-is (and should presumably let you on).

You can find a full server list at http://www.efnet.info/?module=servers , you shouldn't have problems connecting to one of the bigger US-based servers.

Good luck,

Beige
scrypto

Postby scrypto » Sun May 30, 2004 11:56 pm

thank you! i tried to connect to blessed and got almost in, said i needed to install identd, so i tried foxlink and got the same, with a little reading figured out what to do from there and am now able to connect. thank you for your assistance :D