how to use efnet with Private IP ? please

Help with EFnet related issues

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/Help Moderators

dclubs

Postby dclubs » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:03 am

my account internet is a Private IP and me use mirc connect to efnet is show "Closing Link: 127.0.0.1 (*** Banned (cached))"
solve a problem me please.

thankyou
wundr

Re: how to use efnet with Private IP ? please

Postby wundr » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:08 am

dclubs wrote:how to use efnet with Private IP ? please

my account internet is a Private IP and me use mirc connect to efnet is show "Closing Link: 127.0.0.1 (*** Banned (cached))"
solve a problem me please.

thankyou
Your "private IP" only exists on your local network. When you connect to an EFNet server, it sees you as connecting from the IP of your connection to the outside Internet (not your private IP).
EFNet servers do not have a problem with your computer having a private IP (the 127.0.0.1 in the ban message is just a generic ban message), but it could be a number of different problems:

1) Are there other people who are connecting to EFNet from your same location? If so, you may get banned for clones (because the EFNet server will see you all as coming from the same IP)
2) If there are other people coming onto EFNet from your same location, one of them may have done something wrong (either on purpose or accidentally) and gotten your whole site banned.
3) If you are not directly connected to the Internet, the server may not be able to connect to your ident server, so that may be your problem. If you have access to the router at your gateway to the Internet, you can forward port 113 (ident) to your computer.

If there are no other people connecting to EFNet from your location, and you have no access to the router at your gateway to the Internet, your best bet is to try other EFNet servers. You can get a list by clicking on "Servers" on the front page of this web site (http://www.efnet.org).

If you still have a problem, you may want to get access to a machine outside of your network to connect to and either run an IRC client on that machine (BitchX, ircii, epic, etc.) or run an IRC proxy (bnc, psybnc, ezbounce, etc.). Some people pay money for access to such machines... you can get some info about that by googling for [ IRC shell account ]
dclubs

Postby dclubs » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:54 pm

thankyou every much