K-Lined, failure to install identd.

Help with EFnet related issues

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/Help Moderators

zombie

K-Lined, failure to install identd.

Postby zombie » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:34 pm

Hi. I have been k-lined due to not installing identd on a certain machine on my home network. I was wondering what I can do to have this ban removed. I have forwarded the ports on the main computer, but I am too lazy to forward the ports on the other .. lol. What I can think of doing on my part is when I am using that machine, just simply not connect to EFnet, or just go ahead and forward the ports. Appreciate your time. Thanks.

minderaser/R0B

Rob Kline.
wundr

Re: K-Lined, failure to install identd.

Postby wundr » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:09 pm

zombie wrote:Hi. I have been k-lined due to not installing identd on a certain machine on my home network. I was wondering what I can do to have this ban removed.
I don't think that you were banned for not running identd... I think that the server you were connecting to has banned all clients with no identd.
What I mean is, the ban is not against your speciific hostname, but rather against the fact that you don't have a functioning identd, so once you get identd working correctly, you should be able to connect to that server instantly with no problem.
zombie

Postby zombie » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:10 pm

[13:07] -irc.servercentral.net- *** Banned Temporary K-line 1440 min. - Blacklisted Proxy found. Visit http://dnsbl.njabl.org/cgi-bin/lookup.c ... 72.202.185 for info. (2005/7/1 12.07)
-
[13:07] Closing Link: 127.0.0.1 (*** Banned )

This is the message I get when connecting to any server I connect to there. It could possibly mean it is just a ban on my ISP, but just yesterday I was connecting fine from this machine. (I have identd installed properly on this machine) but then I connected with the other machine and I got disconnected with the ban message "Install Identd"

minderaser/R0B

Rob Kline
deww

Postby deww » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:28 pm

Go to that webpage you were given and look for the "request to be removed". From what I saw, in Sept 2003, your IP address was found to have an abusable opened proxy. This doesn't necessarily mean it's your computer, but someone using that IP address. Your ISP is probably handing out IP addresses with short term leases, and many do that, and unfortunately, it does get the "innocents." By the way, I just noticed your last name. :P
zombie

Postby zombie » Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:01 am

I've visited it, and it says it's offline. :\ But yeah, it's prolly an ISP ban.