Posting to Newsgroups

Help with EFnet related issues

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/Help Moderators

alienagenda

Posting to Newsgroups

Postby alienagenda » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:02 pm

not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question, however i did see a link that stated "join alt.binaries.sony.psp at EFNET" so .....

i need newbie direction.
i have some files that have been .rar, .par and .nfo's created that i would like to post at a.b.sony.psp but when i use power post 2000 the response is that the server does not allow posting....
can anyone tell me the secret to being able to post to whatever a.b. i choose?

again, sorry if this is the wrong place for the question, but i needed to start somewhere....
To hell with the 6th commandment...Kill Everyone who gets in your way!!!

Signed,
Pat Robertson

Who would Jesus bomb?
deww

Postby deww » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:19 pm

The link you saw for joining alt.binaries.sony.psp is most likely referring to the channel by that name on EFNet. EFNet is not a newsgroup/NNTP/usenet provider or server, although there are some servers sponsored by such services. In order to do what you intend to do, find an usenet provider, such as the one your ISP might provide, that allows you to post, and do your posting. You may wish to search for subscription services that allow you to do this such as <plug> easynews.com </plug>, supernews.com, giganews.com and so forth.
alienagenda

Postby alienagenda » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:33 pm

i think that is it. i just checked my newhosting account and posting was not enabled...

thanks for pointing me in the correct direction.

now all i have to figure out is how to make certain the post make it to newzbin.com....
is this automatic?
To hell with the 6th commandment...Kill Everyone who gets in your way!!!

Signed,
Pat Robertson

Who would Jesus bomb?
munky
Site Admin

Postby munky » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:26 pm

this if an EFnet help forum, not a usenet help forum. to answer your irc related question, connect to an EFnet irc server and type /join #channelname
for the rest of the question, ask in the channel you are looking for
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.
seiki

Postby seiki » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:34 pm

efnet.com is an USEnet server in japan. they registered their domain in 1995, and have absolutely nothing to do with the EFnet IRC network.

perhaps that's why you're confused.

see: http://www.efnet.com/usenet/

-douglas