Autoabusedetected

Help with EFnet related issues

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/Help Moderators

dabadman301

Autoabusedetected

Postby dabadman301 » Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:38 am

Hello,
When someone is banned and it says "autoabusedetected". What does this mean? Thanks in advance for the help.
Jon

Postby Jon » Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:15 am

either the identd, ip or hostname was abusive in the past
Auriga

Re: Autoabusedetected

Postby Auriga » Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:44 pm

dabadman301 wrote:Hello,
When someone is banned and it says "autoabusedetected". What does this mean? Thanks in advance for the help.
Servers have mechanisms to detect drones spammesr and other such baddens on the network. You could have been banned by mistake, or because you have some kind of trojan on your machine that you dont know of which could be on the network spamming or you could have a drone...

Suggestions.. if you use windows.. update your version of windows with the latest hotfixes and service packs. Update your virus scanner with the latest virus definitions. DO a full scan of your system. If you come up clean, download the cleaner from http://www.moosoft.com
Scan your system..
if that comes up clean, contact the server and see if this was a mistake.

Its auto abuse detection afterall.. it could be wrong.

Cheers..
Efnet Operator..
RIP *.qeast.net I'll miss you! :(
Auriga is qurves slave! (is a Forum moderator)
Fallon

Postby Fallon » Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:25 pm

Hi there,
I've had the exact same problem... The thing is, the last time I went on EFNet was ages ago! Now... I dont know what I did, all I know is that to used to work before an now it doesnt... I did as you suggested in the post and my system came up as clean as a whistle.

I havent got a clue as to what to do now... Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help you can give me in advance.

- Fallon.
lucy

Postby lucy » Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:31 pm

try some different servers. theres a list here:
http://www.efnet.info/?module=servers
tabarnac

Postby tabarnac » Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:20 pm

[edit] On 2nd thought, I do not wish to post another irc.prison.net bashing message [/edit]
Last edited by tabarnac on Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lucy

Postby lucy » Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:01 pm

tabarnac wrote:
dabadman301 wrote:Hello,
It means "AVOID THE USELESS CRAPPY EFNET SERVER NAMED AS IRC.PRISON.NET" :)
i see the smile, but is it really necessary to start back bashing servers the 2nd day you start back posting :(
leeh
ircd-ratbox coder

Postby leeh » Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:51 pm

lucy wrote:i see the smile, but is it really necessary to start back bashing servers the 2nd day you start back posting :(
Why break a habit of a lifetime? ;)
Jon

Postby Jon » Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:27 pm

tabarnac : I enjoy reading your opinions on less fortunate servers, please do not stop. You are who you are, don`t let them change your ways.
DARKSIDEALPHA

autoabuse

Postby DARKSIDEALPHA » Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:28 am

how do i get in contact with server about this i did the clean sweep and found nothing. Im not on that much so i dont know how i could abuse the net...... Please help. :(
Pills
Forum Admin

Re: autoabuse

Postby Pills » Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:53 am

DARKSIDEALPHA wrote:how do i get in contact with server about this i did the clean sweep and found nothing. Im not on that much so i dont know how i could abuse the net...... Please help. :(
It may depend on the client you're using. As lucy said, try another server.
admin, irc.umich.edu
oper, irc.servercentral.net
munky
Site Admin

Postby munky » Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:17 pm

it may also be possible that your IP is in the DNSBL (proxy blacklist used by many open proxy monitors on the network).

visit http://www.blitzed.org/proxy to check if your ip is in the list. if it is, go through the steps to make sure you are not an open proxy, then click then link to remove yourself from the list.

then you can use /admin [server.name] to get contact information for the admin of the server(s) you are klined on and ask them to please remove the kline.

otherwise, it is probably an auto-kline for joining a juped channel or doing something that cause spambot notices, like /ctcp'ing large channels (possibly several times) or join/parting channels too quickely. in these cases, it's probably a temporary kline, and i would recommend using another server until the kline expired.
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.
Mickey Sabbath

HELP AutoAbuseDetection

Postby Mickey Sabbath » Sat Aug 30, 2003 5:00 pm

I just discovered EFnet has banned me for the identical reason, AutoAbuse Detection.

I found this string and followed the step recommended, including checking for Trojans and checking the "blitzed" blacklist, but neither proved availing. I have no Trojans and my IP address is not on the blitzed blacklist.

I also tried to follow your recommendation about connecting through an alternate hub but I can't seem to figure out how to use mIRC to connect through the alternate routes you list in your posting.

How do I contact the server to ascertain whether I've been banned by mistake?

Thanks in advance for your help.
wundr

Re: HELP AutoAbuseDetection

Postby wundr » Sat Aug 30, 2003 5:47 pm

Mickey Sabbath wrote:I also tried to follow your recommendation about connecting through an alternate hub but I can't seem to figure out how to use mIRC to connect through the alternate routes you list in your posting.

How do I contact the server to ascertain whether I've been banned by mistake?

Thanks in advance for your help.
For contacting server admins, it would all depend on WHICH server you were trying to connect to. If you can get on EFNet on another server, you can type /admin irc.server.name and you will get the server admin contact info for that server. IIRC, this web site is eventually supposed to have that info on its server list, but qurve doesn't have it in place yet. irc.efnet.net and irc.efnet.org are NOT names of servers on the network. In mIRC (and almost all other IRC clients), you can connect to a different server by typing /server irc.server.name ... for example, /server irc.homelien.no . you can type that in any window.

Also, what ISP are you connecting from, if you don't mind saying. Sometimes individual servers ban entire ISPs because of repeated abuse from that ISP and/or there was no response from the abuse department at that ISP. In any case, if you keep trying different servers, you should be able to get on.