D-Lined because of Possible Botnet infection

Help with EFnet related issues

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/Help Moderators

CaelThunderwing

D-Lined because of Possible Botnet infection

Postby CaelThunderwing » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:06 pm

This was the first time i've been D-Lined when i got a message for a Blacklisted Proxy (my ISP is WideOpenWest (Michigan Division) ) i followed the link given to manually have it removed now i get a Perma D-line message

Code: Select all

[13:59] qwebirc v0.90
[13:59] Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Chris Porter and the qwebirc project.
[13:59] http://www.qwebirc.org
[13:59] Licensed under the GNU General Public License, Version 2.
[13:59] == *** (qwebirc) Looking up your hostname...
[13:59] == *** (qwebirc) Found your hostname.
[13:59] == Connected to server.
[13:59] == *** Processing connection to chat.efnet.org
[13:59] == *** Looking up your hostname...
[13:59] == *** Found your hostname
[13:59] == ERROR: Closing Link: 127.0.0.1 (D-lined)
[13:59] == Disconnected from server: Connection to IRC server lost.
(this using the WebChat.) the Android Rom Modifcation for tablets site i goto uses the Efnet "chat.efnet.net:9090" Web Client for a Quick IRC Link [TechKnow Forums / http://www.techknow.me/forum/index.php]

the only things in my network that Could Possiblet me mistaken for botnet clients. my brother does "Grief" on Mc at times w/ Hacked MC clients that has built-in IRC client and i use a "Nintendo StreetPass Relay Server" OS for my RaspberryPi ["SpillPass Pi"] i keep my home pc's clean 99% of the time and havent noticed any unusual network activity excepot after Streaming the otherday the game FFXIV i had a laughable DoS attempt blocked and Logged by my Router.

if any info helps we have the ISP Provided All-in-one Modem (Telephony/Wireless AP/Cable Modem/LAN Router) by Arris (Model TG662)
munky
Site Admin

Re: D-Lined because of Possible Botnet infection

Postby munky » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:55 pm

getting the IP removed from a blocklist does not automatically remove any bans that are already placed on the servers. either wait for the ban to expire on the server (usually within 24 hours), or contact the server admin to have the IP unbanned.

i have removed the ban on your IP on chat.efnet.org.
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.
CaelThunderwing

Re: D-Lined because of Possible Botnet infection

Postby CaelThunderwing » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:10 am

it's happened again but this time i dont know the cause all "possible" infected machines have been reformatted or otherwise else taken Offline. im just guessing this is an ISP issue :/ this make sit Especially hard to use Webchat