Hardy elected King of EFnet

EFnet IRC Network News

Moderator: Website/News Moderators

Pills
Forum Admin

Hardy elected King of EFnet

Postby Pills » Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:16 pm

In a move reminiscent of Napoleon taking over France in the late 1700s, today Hardy was elected King of EFnet and has done away with voting on EFnet issues.

"I tried to get people to change the system so that a vote would need a 2/3rds majority to go through," said Choopa admin Adam "Disciple" Davenport, "but no one listened. Every server application in the last two years had Hardy listed as an initial oper, but I saw right through it."

"Hardy had told me about his plan," said Demon admin Simon "Manic" Edwards, "but I laughed him off. I thought there was no way this could happen." At the time, Edwards reports that Hardy only had O:lines on 25% of the servers on EFnet, and spoofs on another 40%.

"We've seen a rash of Hardys on various channels that opers hang out on," reported UMich admin Matt "Pills" Phillips, "but no one thought anything of it. He's always had 20 clients on."

The changes reportedly started happening when Nac oper Steve "oz" Nash accidentally did an OPERSPY on one of Hardy's clients, thinking it was a drone. "I saw them hanging out in #HardyistheKINGofEFnet!", and I got a little worried," reports Nash, "so I mentioned it to a few people in passing."

A day after Nash flooded the channel with urandom, the vote was called by Hardy and seconded by... Hardy, on a different server. "We realized that he had voting rights on a majority of servers," said efnet.nl admin Dennis "Riedel" Vink. "so there was nothing we could do to stop it."

The vote was called on March 18th. Two weeks later, April 1, 2005, Hardy has been voted in as King of EFnet.

Some aren't that upset about the vote.

"I was getting rather annoyed with all of the crap that was on the admin/voting list," said UMN admin Christopher "CBongo" Bongaarts. "Now, all we hear about is Hardy ordering opers to drop their O:lines, and that no server may hub except ones that he admins. It's kind of a nice break."

Hardy's first order of business was to declare that the server irc.igs.ca would be his North American base of operations. "If any of you in North America need me while I sleep, there will be operators standing by on igs. No decisions can be made without my consent. The operators were all screened by me to ensure that they have my interests in mind, and have been cleared to speak for me."

As there is no other way to go, ALL HAIL HARDY, KING OF EFNET!
admin, irc.umich.edu
oper, irc.servercentral.net
orange1

Postby orange1 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:51 pm

viva la revolution!
lucy

Postby lucy » Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:13 pm

congratulations Hardy!
you'll make a great king.

can i be queen??
munky
Site Admin

Postby munky » Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:11 pm

orange1 wrote:viva la revolution!

coup d'etat!!
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.
AndroSyn
ircd-ratbox coder

Postby AndroSyn » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:58 pm

lucy wrote:congratulations Hardy!
you'll make a great king.

can i be queen??
Only teh deppy can be the queen of efnet :P
Ustas

Re: Hardy elected King of EFnet

Postby Ustas » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:02 pm

Is Hardy the Pinkey or the Brain? And who is his partner in world dominance?
You live the life you choose.
HM2K

Postby HM2K » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:45 pm

April fools?
- HM2K - https://hm2k.org/
AndroSyn
ircd-ratbox coder

Postby AndroSyn » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:57 pm

HM2K wrote:April fools?
No he really is the king. How dare you insult him in such ways.
HM2K

Postby HM2K » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:29 am

No kidding, I just expected someone to have said earlier...
- HM2K - https://hm2k.org/
inglish

Bribe attempt Rejected!

Postby inglish » Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:22 pm

about time!! nobody on the whole of EFnet who cares as much and is as engaged with politics. sorry kiddies bribing has already been tried, does NOT work.