irc.isprime.com delinks

EFnet IRC Network News

Moderator: Website/News Moderators

Pills
Forum Admin

irc.isprime.com delinks

Postby Pills » Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:48 pm

irc.isprime.com has delinked from the network due to an administrative decision by its admin, who did not agree with the direction the network was heading.
admin, irc.umich.edu
oper, irc.servercentral.net
deww

Postby deww » Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:10 pm

Sad to see so many EFNet servers delink in such a short period. :(
seiki

Postby seiki » Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:34 am

this server held over 9k clients. more importantly, it's admins brought great clue to the private admins and voting mailing lists, which these days tend to be full of arguments and accusations. Some people like to bitch and nag about every little detail so much that our lists are flooded with hate. I can see why good people with profitable networks full of paying customers are getting tired of donating their personal time and resources to this network. The pointless DoS attacks certainly aren't a bonus.

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:39 am

seiki wrote:this server held over 9k clients. more importantly, it's admins brought great clue to the private admins and voting mailing lists, which these days tend to be full of arguments and accusations. Some people like to bitch and nag about every little detail so much that our lists are flooded with hate. I can see why good people with profitable networks full of paying customers are getting tired of donating their personal time and resources to this network. The pointless DoS attacks certainly aren't a bonus.
Packet kiddies arent the only ones with penis envy.
Klimpong

Postby Klimpong » Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:58 pm

Did they part of the channel modes or what was the issue?
slushey

Postby slushey » Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:06 pm

It's such a shame to see a server go when it had the ability to hold many MANY clients. After rt, Isprime was my server of choice for the longest time....
Humor is the best sense we ALL have in common.

slushey ....just me
nothing more.....nothing less

"In Canada we play Duck, Duck, Moose."