and the innocent shall suffer,

General talk about EFnet

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/General Moderators

horizon

and the innocent shall suffer,

Postby horizon » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:33 pm

[05:05pm] « 216.193.223.223 : *** Banned Temporary K-line 1440 min. - Trying to join juped channel #howardstern (spam and abuse - ayzee (2006/1/27 13.31)

i was surprised to get this message, blocking me from the three channels i enjoy in EFnet.

my crime ? being in #howardstern

K-line the users who make you ops angry, not the whole damn channel. it also could be someone who is trying to make the howard room look bad. even if it is not i should not be k-lined.

i advise you not to run your servers like wild apes.

good day to you sirs and siresses.
o__
_.>/ _
(_) \(_)
lucy

Postby lucy » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:13 pm

occasionally the best way to stop flooding and get rid of drones in a channel is to temporarily jupe it. do you think that's what could have happened here?
before jumping to conclusions, have you tried asking an ircop on the server you were banned from?
horizon

Postby horizon » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:27 am

i would of liked to pm a op, but i was k-lined. i tried to.

the entire channel, great that is like putting your child's head into a vice and then beating it with a alu. bat to pop a pimple.
o__
_.>/ _
(_) \(_)
wundr

Postby wundr » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:12 pm

horizon wrote:i would of liked to pm a op, but i was k-lined. i tried to.

the entire channel, great that is like putting your child's head into a vice and then beating it with a alu. bat to pop a pimple.
Channel jupes are done on a per-server basis. It's not actually k-lining or even killing everyone in a channel. A jupe makes a specific channel inaccessable in a specific server. You can still connect to a different server and then join the channel while on that server and carry on your merry way. Or, you could connect to any server (including the one where the jupe is, as long as you don't try again to join the channel) and then /stats p and talk to an oper/admin there, or just msg the oper who set the jupe (name is in the kline message). That is the best way to get something done... posting messages on here probably won't get the attention of the people who can actually do something about it.
horizon

thank you

Postby horizon » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:28 am

thank you for that info.
i am right now looking for the names of other efnet servers.

enjoy yourself in japan.
o__
_.>/ _
(_) \(_)
orange1

Re: thank you

Postby orange1 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:35 pm

horizon wrote:thank you for that info.
i am right now looking for the names of other efnet servers.

enjoy yourself in japan.
that's easy:
http://www.efnet.org/?module=servers