Your EFnet wishlist

General talk about EFnet

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/General Moderators

Vortexia

Postby Vortexia » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:11 pm

I'd like to post another question, how many of you believe that efnet needs to change, and how many of you are on efnet because its the way IRC was before, and the way you believe it should stay in the future.

How many of you believe there need to be new features, versus how many believe in leaving things alone?

Curious to see the comments!

Vortexia/Symmetria

Postby 4469 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:11 pm

lordares wrote:
the^stain wrote:I remember hearing a long time ago that EFnet was going to get mode +e, ban exception.

For example, I could +b *!*@*.aol.com from a channel, but I could +e *!*myfriend@*.aol.com and then myfriend@aol.com would still be able to get in, even though there was a domain ban.

What ever happened to that? I'd like to see it implemented.
Welcome to 2005?
You want people from aol.com even if its your friend? el oh el :) j/k. I used to see this same problem however +e's ident@* is asking for trouble regardless of the trailing domain.

-dot

Postby 4474 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:11 pm

How long you have been on EFnet: Since 2003
Why you are still on EFnet: Friends
A Hostshading/Hostname-Mangling Usermode like +h (linknet) or +x would keep me from leaving.
What would make you leave EFnet: No Hostshading Usermode ;)
seiki

Postby seiki » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:12 pm

phatsam wrote:spoofs for everyone!
that's probably one of the more popular ideas.. network wide hostmangling..

Postby 4472 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:12 pm

I have been on efnet in one incarnation or another since 1994.

Nick and Topic length could be longer, I guess. Id use halfops if the mode were available. I <3 chanfix.

Lily @ #bonghit

Postby 4483 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:13 pm

been on efnet since sometime around 94...

services would make me quit efnet.

i think half-ops are a decent idea, but i do appreciate the simplicity of efnet as it is now.
i endorse extended nickname, topic, and quit lengths. i wouldn't want the nick length to more than double, though.

Postby 4481 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:14 pm

EFNet has come a long way since it was jokingly called the War Net LOL!

- Uniform IRCds in regards to enforcing identd and dealing with the (small) group of ne'er-do-wells. As much as eggrops or the equiv are necessary for keeping a channel open, perhaps some uniformity there as well?

- the above especially in regards to identd (There are some "el33t" (FEH) who say identd does not make a difference, but in most cases it does.

Postby 4483 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:14 pm

doug wrote:
phatsam wrote:spoofs for everyone!
that's probably one of the more popular ideas.. network wide hostmangling..
not mangling, proper spoofs, please. ;)
^duck^

Postby ^duck^ » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:14 pm

What about webchat? Do you think we could use some improvements on its interface/features? Emoticons? Better channel functions? etc?
--
Lori Palmer
Founder/Director
http://www.eversible.com

Postby 4475 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:15 pm

I must be doing something wrong, because I've never been able to get +e to work. The people stay banned. (??)

Postby 4469 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:15 pm

crashish wrote:been on efnet since sometime around 94...

services would make me quit efnet.

I think half-ops are a decent idea, but I do appreciate the simplicity of efnet as it is now.
I endorse extended nickname, topic, and quit lengths. i wouldn't want the nick length to more than double, though.
I agree... One of the reasons I stayed on efnet is its lack of dal-net or undernet feel. I am sure those networks have thier place like Windows does, however the renegade feeling of having to use commen sense when oping someone kinda cutas out the darwinism I guess...

-dotslash@efnet #lunarshells

Postby 4488 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:15 pm

superdude wrote:
Rofl network-wide notice and only 14 replies (15)..

The answer is clear..

Leave the lusers alone! No more spams and drone bots! Gwah!
Yeah, well. What do you expect, when users try to be serious and get a shitty reply like below back? I don't even know why I'm posting.. could probably care less. The guy has a valid point. There is nothing more anoying than people abusing their powers (not just on an IRC network, anywhere) and you're unable to do anything about it. As a normal user, in a channel, chatting I have no need for anything other than the ability to be able to write text to the channel - which I do.

Good day.
lolpewpew wrote:I've been on Efnet since 92.

The one change that would be the most important in my opinion would be some sort of accountability system for opers. There are a few out that who just do whatever they want and /kill or k-line for reasons that are outside their specified scope of power. Users have no real way of addressing any sort of oper abuse.
lordares wrote: haha, try another server then!
Last edited by 4488 on Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby 4491 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:16 pm

lolpewpew wrote:I've been on Efnet since 92.

The one change that would be the most important in my opinion would be some sort of accountability system for opers. There are a few out that who just do whatever they want and /kill or k-line for reasons that are outside their specified scope of power. Users have no real way of addressing any sort of oper abuse.
THIS WOULD HELP IMMENSELY!

Get these corrupt opers to stop screwing around. Good god.

Also stop spamming me on IRC to these shit forums, please.

Have a good one!

Postby 4470 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:16 pm

I've been on EFnet since at 1994. I cannot leave the network because .. well, despite everything that you asshole administrators have done to the network as of late, I still love it.

Here's a complaint list for you to masturbate over:

* What the hell is with CHANFIX? What are we on, DALnet? Next thing we know CHANFIX will be /nick'ing to CHANSERV. This bot is a scourge to the EFnet way of life and should be taken offline as soon as possible.

* Abusive operators. I oper'd on globalized.net, and briefly on PTPtech until nyt's bitch ass complained that morgan and I were oper'd. I remembered speculation that we'd "abuse" the privilege, yet all I see is opers killing each other and other users. You know, birthdays happen all the time. How many users on EFnet right now? 71,904 according to luzerz. Assuming an even distribution of birthdays amoungst the days of the year, there are 197 people having a birthday today! Why don't you just /kill all of them with a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY OMGGOGMGMG" you fucking kids. Now that's abuse.

* Let's limit the spoof to people who deserve them. Every IRC user with a vagina (or claiming they have one) getting one and being treated like royalty from the virgin, acne-scarred geeks on this network. Hey, did I mention I'm really a female?! <Looks>

* Not able to join channels or change nicks on splits? What the hell? You all are doubting your timestamp system, aren't you? TS worked fine for nicknames and channels. So what if a user can surf in and see users in an invite only channel during this opportunity -- nowadays there are so many vanity whore channels that you're bound to have a user on each server holding the fort down. 300+ ops in a channel set +tin-s? Nigga please.

* Nyt as an oper, did I mention this? I think he licked Dianora's cunt too many times.

Besides that, it's all good.

End of rant.

Postby 4489 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:20 pm

Wohali wrote:
  • How long you have been on EFnet
  • Why you are still on EFnet (or why did you leave)
  • What would keep you from leaving
  • What would make you leave EFnet (if implemented)
  • 1. 1997
    2. Still there - Friends
    3. I dont want to leave - but Nick-Reg and SSL would be really nICE!!
    4. Channel-Registration