Hide IP

General talk about EFnet

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/General Moderators

Hide IP

Postby 321 » Tue May 29, 2007 1:49 am

Hello, I have recently begun to use EFnet and have noticed the lack of a way to hide your IP address as there is no support for +x.

I have done some research online to try and find another way to hide IP and have read up on Vhosts. However, it seems that finding a good guide on Vhosts and how to set them up is hard, because most of them are unclear.

I was wondering, what is the easiest way to hide your IP address? Thank you for taking the time to read my thread.
Nightha|k

Postby Nightha|k » Tue May 29, 2007 9:51 pm

just get a bnc account somewhere
Opinions are like assholes everyone has one.
phisher1

Postby phisher1 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:14 pm

The easiest way, if you are used to using a windows IRC client is to get a BNC from a UNIX shell provider.

If you are up for the challenge, there's also IPv6 tunneling available. Hexago.com will give you all the ip addresses you could ever need and the ability to specify a nameserver responsible for reverse authority over your ip addresses. This means you can forward a hostname to your IPv6 ip, then reverse your IPv6 ip back to the hostname. http://freedns.afraid.org can do both forward dns and reverse ipv6 dns for FREE. It may be a bit intimidating for a, forgive the term, newbie.. but hell if you're willing to listen i'd help you get it running.