What is happening to EFnet?

General talk about EFnet

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/General Moderators

ypirc

What is happening to EFnet?

Postby ypirc » Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:26 am

Okay, now I know that opers/admins can K-line anybody from their server that they like, and it's at their discretion who uses their server altogether. However, to me, this is just not proper:

<log deleted>

-cripy

Read rule #2.
-Pills
artie

Postby artie » Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:30 am

Someone should teach him how to spell as well as teach him a few manners.
Pills
Forum Admin

Postby Pills » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:17 am

Once again, if you have a problem with a certain oper, complain to his admin. This isn't the place.
admin, irc.umich.edu
oper, irc.servercentral.net
Jepp

Postby Jepp » Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:09 am

just to remind you, if you do a /motd on most servers you'll probably see a line that says something like this:

"we have the right to ban you from this server for any reason, etc, etc..."

so i would look into the server you'll be using before actually going on it and then complaining for getting klined because someone pissed off an oper.

kthx :D
People expect more from a kid named Jepp. Jepp's not just a name, it's an idea!
bobjuh

Postby bobjuh » Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:02 am

Use of this server is a *privilege* which may be removed at
any time and for any reason by the friendly server operators.

Keep in mind: IRC is a privilege, not a right

They can kick anyone from the server they want. You can bitch to the admin but i don't think that will help mutch. Connect to another server and if the whole you don't like the whole EFnet opers attitude go play somewhere else :)
ypirc

Postby ypirc » Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:33 pm

Look, most of you took this all wrong. I understand the fact that you can be K-lined from any server, at any time, for any reason, and I'm not "complaining" that I was banned. It's not too hard to jump onto another server; however, I was just presenting something that I didn't think was too proper on the opers side. I wasn't trying to "take action" against it, or "notify the admin"(who probably would just ignore it anyway). You see, to me, most of the kids I see who complain about being K-lined, usually deserved it at least "somewhat", unlike this situation, however.

-cripy

p.s. Pills - By removing the log you took all purpose away from this thread, so therefore I think it should either be locked, or deleted. The log was not editted, at all, and to me it should be at the readers discretion to decide whether it was or not. This is IRC, you can't really get a grasp on the situation without a proper log, real or fake. It's like in court, I can say these gloves are OJ Simpsons, but it's up to the jury to decide whether I'm lying or not.
Pills
Forum Admin

Postby Pills » Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:28 pm

ypirc wrote:<snip>

-cripy

p.s. Pills - By removing the log you took all purpose away from this thread, so therefore I think it should either be locked, or deleted. The log was not editted, at all, and to me it should be at the readers discretion to decide whether it was or not. This is IRC, you can't really get a grasp on the situation without a proper log, real or fake. It's like in court, I can say these gloves are OJ Simpsons, but it's up to the jury to decide whether I'm lying or not.
Then the thread had no purpose in the first place. It is not up to the "readers" to see if you were wronged or not (and most of them feel, whether they saw the log or not, that opers can K:line whomever they please). This is IRC, and it's not your right to use a free service provided and maintained by others; it is a privilege. There is no court. There is no jury. There is no fair trial. There is an oligarchy of admins and opers who hold absolute power over the network.

Please read the rules of the forum before posting again.
admin, irc.umich.edu
oper, irc.servercentral.net