irc.efnet.nl ?

General talk about EFnet

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/General Moderators

Pills
Forum Admin

Postby Pills » Thu Jul 17, 2003 4:44 pm

... or, as I was saying, qurve will do the research for you, and there's no need to bother the admins.
admin, irc.umich.edu
oper, irc.servercentral.net
WoC

Postby WoC » Thu Jul 17, 2003 4:47 pm

<withdrawn>
Last edited by WoC on Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
// WoC
qurve
Site Admin

Postby qurve » Thu Jul 17, 2003 4:50 pm

That error means exactly what it says, the class that your ip range falls into allows X number of users to be connected at one time, and all X slots are filled, so no one else is allowed on. This has nothing to do with anything else.

Perhaps in the future you should educate yourself on the problem, or ask in a more polite way before wildly throwing around accusations and conspiracy theories.

-qurve
EFNet Web Lackey, and IRCop
Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Thu Jul 17, 2003 5:49 pm

I dont understand how you could translate that the server have reached max connections in your connection class (ip-range or domain) that the server isnt a free service 8)

However, now that qurve have explained how this works i hope everyone is happy.
-- Hardy
Administrator: irc.underworld.no
Services Administrator
http://www.efnet.org admin/staff
WoC

Postby WoC » Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:11 pm

<withdrawn>
Last edited by WoC on Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
// WoC
Gozem

Postby Gozem » Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:41 pm

WoC wrote:it doesn't justify banning all free dns services just because they happens to be free of charge

May I ask what the limit is?
We can, and will ban what ever suits us. The service we bring to you is totally free. Its our rules, our servers and our bandwidth.

Judging from your pervious posts you don't know what you are talking about. You can't use a "free" dns. No free dns-service will or can repoint your reverse host.

Limits are usally around 5 user per IP or per ident@IP. Sometimes higher sometimes lower. Sometime two different rules applies to IP and ident@IP. In some cases there might be limits per netmask as well.
oper, irc.csbnet.se
petrucci

Postby petrucci » Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:36 pm

WoC wrote:it doesn't justify banning all free dns services just because they happens to be free of charge

May I ask what the limit is?
do you HAVE to use your ipv6 host? what's wrong your normal ipv4 address?
nebula

Hi.

Postby nebula » Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:09 am

WoC wrote:
qurve wrote:I have checked all the hosts you listed, and the respective addresses they resolve to against our ilines and klines to the best of my ability. None of the hosts/addresses are banned from efnet.nl, and all of them fit into our ilines to allow you on. My only guess if that if you can't connect you don't have routes. If you could post the error message that you are receiving it would help.

-qurve
I don't have a routing problem, since the server is clearly dissconnecting me during connect
Maybe I missed something, is this a closed server for use by the people living in the same building only when using IPv6 ?

-:- Connecting to port 6667 of server irc.efnet.nl [refnum 0]
[efnet] *** Looking up your hostname...
[efnet] *** Checking Ident
[efnet] *** Found your hostname
[efnet] *** Got Ident response
-:- Closing Link: woc.hillz.com (No more connections allowed in your connection class)
-:- Connection closed from irc.efnet.nl: Success
Why don't you try and use another server? There are plenty of other servers that are open to the whole world.
O:ircd.lagged.org
rivas

Busy

Postby rivas » Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:11 am

Dude, you're not banned. Whenever you see that error message, it means that there are too many users on that server. If you keep retrying and eventually someone drops off, you can take their spot. That is all that means. It happens all the time on irc servers everywhere. Just keep trying.

It's the irc equivalent to a "busy signal."
drac

Postby drac » Sat Jul 19, 2003 3:24 am

Of course it does, free DNS are often used for spaming reason, that's why it's banned.
Do not forget that IRC is a privilege, not a right.
WoC

I Appologize

Postby WoC » Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:53 am

I'm sorry that soo many got offended by my line of questions, I admit that it wasn't phrased as it would have been and was badly and ill prepared.

Please disregard my line of questions

To all of you who msg'ed me in private with personal abuse; I hope you stop that

Thanks, WoC
// WoC