New EFnet Server GaTel...

General talk about EFnet

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/General Moderators

munky
Site Admin

Postby munky » Fri May 21, 2004 1:00 pm

try actually reading the posts before making a reply
he stated that Colt is of the opinion that 'efnet = warez'. he never said that was his opinion.
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.
Jon

Postby Jon » Mon May 24, 2004 2:37 pm

This made for a good morning read... but I believe the reason(s) behind the denied link was mentionned a few times.

Time to move on :)
x

Postby x » Tue May 25, 2004 6:45 am

I don't understand why someone got this upset for denial of linking as it seems that there were many things to fix. Must be a lack of good news if a computer magazine tells about this kind of things that specific information like some afternoon papers "scandal, colt's linking was denied". In my opinion when someone applies to get linked to EFnet everything should be at that present moment working correctly.
Sounded to me that someone is pretty bitter now :?

What comes to this warez thing, I still think that EFnet isn't any warez headquaters as there's many many networks filled with that stuff much more than EFnet, to me it seems that EFnet has come even more clean network nowadays.
It's anyway eventually the people who make this world, if people want warez it'll stay on this planet pretty tightly :)
moore

Postby moore » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:32 pm

Congratulations with permlink granted!
Tibar

oh btw.. i was thinking.

Postby Tibar » Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:16 am

I never responded to the colt is an international company and Gatel isn't . Gatel is part of a huge backbone of companies, telekom.at is affiliated "part of gatel, gatel is telekom.de. We have datacenters in italy, france, belgium, and bought a big chunk of the old kpnquest backbone. Gatel isn't a small local backbone provider. It's network is very stable and reaches many places. Just because you don't see Global Acess Telecom at an IX doesn't mean that gatel isn't there many times our peering is under the telecom company owned by the larger company. Aixit isn't just a reseller either, it is one of the largest companies in europe providing backup services for some of germany's largest finacial institutions and companies.

food for thought.

-tibar