Question of the day

General talk about EFnet

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/General Moderators

Would you like to see channelmode +e on EFnet ?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 31, 2003 3:58 pm

Yes
92%
No
No votes
Huh ?
No votes
I dont care.
8%

Total votes: 25
deww

Postby deww » Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:46 am

+e would be useful til the user found out what some of the exmepts were and flew right thru the ban, although if people want it let em have it. Still dont see the real burden of +h+d though as it is with +c.
Well, same applies for bans too, but they let us have it! Heh.

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:30 am

deww wrote:
+e would be useful til the user found out what some of the exmepts were and flew right thru the ban, although if people want it let em have it. Still dont see the real burden of +h+d though as it is with +c.
Well, same applies for bans too, but they let us have it! Heh.
Exactly.
Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Thu Jul 24, 2003 6:15 pm

prefect wrote:
Hardy wrote: Yes, that would be the totally ignorant way to do it. Much better just to force your own changes thru by starting to use it on a production network instead of actually calling a global vote on it and see if the majority agrees. </sarcasm> 8)
You totally missed my point being that as long as hubs support it, there's no need for all servers to support it. If you need the +e functionality, get on a +e server.
And you totally missed mine :)

I dont see why some servers should have features that the rest doesnt have. The fact remains that +e isnt a approved feature on efnet something that leaves homelien and other +e servers in violation of current efnet standards.

I`m glad there is a vote on this now, and even tho im sure it will go thru i hope the servers using it now will remove it if it fails.
-- Hardy
Administrator: irc.underworld.no
Services Administrator
http://www.efnet.org admin/staff
nitedog

Postby nitedog » Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:34 am

neat.

the question is, when will the changes be implimented. as it stands, it takes half a year to get anything done.

what excatly is the point of passing a vote if shit is done "eventually"?
Salvation

Postby Salvation » Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:40 am

nitedog wrote:neat.

the question is, when will the changes be implimented. as it stands, it takes half a year to get anything done.

The vote has not been posted online yet, but there is a requirement that all servers must support chanmodes +eI and maxbans of 100 by the end of 2 weeks (from today, August 1st 6pm EST)

Several servers already have it implemented on their servers once the vote passed (includes irc.blessed.net, irc.foxlink.net, irc.csbnet.se and irc.arcti.ca..).. I'm sure there are more to add it soon. Some servers only require a simple conf change and a /rehash and some servers will need a recompile and restart and some ircds dont even have code for it yet. Have patience with us :)
Auriga

Postby Auriga » Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:46 am

Salvation wrote:
nitedog wrote:neat.

The vote has not been posted online yet, but there is a requirement that all servers must support chanmodes +eI and maxbans of 100 by the end of 2 weeks (from today, August 1st 6pm EST)

Several servers already have it implemented on their servers once the vote passed (includes irc.blessed.net, irc.foxlink.net, irc.csbnet.se and irc.arcti.ca..).. I'm sure there are more to add it soon. Some servers only require a simple conf change and a /rehash and some servers will need a recompile and restart and some ircds dont even have code for it yet. Have patience with us :)
Yeah.. I know there was a huge debate on the old forum about this...
Now some of you have seen it finally come to fruition..
so.... who says nothing ever gets done? It might just take a Freaking long time!
but it happens...

Cheers..
Efnet Operator..
RIP *.qeast.net I'll miss you! :(
Auriga is qurves slave! (is a Forum moderator)
clunked

Postby clunked » Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:22 am

As long as they have some use, and dont put too much of a load on the server I dont see the problem. It's not like anyone is forcing chanops to use these wacky new modes :D