New type of chat bot!

General talk about EFnet

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/General Moderators

Govvy

New type of chat bot!

Postby Govvy » Sat May 01, 2004 11:35 am

well, this ... what ever it is, proberbly some automated script or bot, seems to talk to you in some strange way, don't know if its going to be increasing in numbers or what happens.

well, nicknames I seen this one use,

Jolash
Josag
Josiah

hueylewis@c-##-###-###-##.client.comcast.net
@IRChelp - Stay and help, I will!
evil

Postby evil » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:29 am

This is just one single person trying his hand at some amateur scripting in mirc. The only reason I know this is because he sat in one of my channels one day and talked to an a.l.i.c.e. bot and was so intrigued he decided he would try to duplicate it but he obviously failed to put it mildly. It doesn't follow any conversation. After a short while I noticed what he was doing and I've been banning him ever since. He turned it into an annoying script to say the least. But he always has the same "realname" of Josiah. :!:
Isonaught

Postby Isonaught » Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:41 pm

evil wrote:This is just one single person trying his hand at some amateur scripting in mirc. The only reason I know this is because he sat in one of my channels one day and talked to an a.l.i.c.e. bot and was so intrigued he decided he would try to duplicate it but he obviously failed to put it mildly. It doesn't follow any conversation. After a short while I noticed what he was doing and I've been banning him ever since. He turned it into an annoying script to say the least. But he always has the same "realname" of Josiah. :!:
An interesting little story. :) I have always found that kind of curiousity to make interesting conversation...

I too once tried constructing my own chat bot. I never really got ahold of the scripting language, or the way it worked, and gave up. But it was fun thinking up the stuff I wanted it to do. :wink:

Although I have a feeling that my scripting failure had something to do with me being female. :roll:
There's no place like localhost (feedback loop).