Suggestion on channel take over

General talk about EFnet

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/General Moderators

asfik

Suggestion on channel take over

Postby asfik » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:23 am

Last week ago, #indolinux was taken over by another user on EFNet. This channel is founded in early 2003 which is basically move away from Dalnet and it has +50 active users. The channel goal is to provide assistance for everyone interest in Linux OS and other opensource software in Indonesian language. Since the channel is a friendly channel, we only setup a low bot that handle channel access with user mask only. Yes, this is our mistake and already fixed now.

After the channel was taken over, we talk in #chanfix and got a good cooperation. But, after our bot gain ops, the offender start DDoS-ing them until timeout, then chanfix come and give ops to the offender again. I believe our bot (nick: drupadi, manduro, ayodyo) still has a highest score in database among others, but I don't know why chanfix give to another person. OK, we won't start fighting against them. We try talk to them but they do not show a good cooperation.

Any help, comment, and suggestion is appreciated to regain channel access. I don't want upset our users move to another IRC Network since EFNet is spam free and low split network.

Thank you,

Regards,
Asfihani (asfik on EFNet)
lucy

Postby lucy » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:17 am

the current ops now have the highest scores.
Not sure if you have gotten the channel back since you posted this, or you waited so long that you don't have the high scores anymore.