I'd like to join EFnet

General talk about EFnet

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/General Moderators

koichirose

Postby koichirose » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:37 pm

banned again.
the solution is: pay to go on EFnet.
can't you (ircop on efnet) remove that ban and we all live happy? 8)
deww

Postby deww » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:37 pm

IRC operators can remove the ban, but the problem is that the detection services will find the same problems again and the ban will be in place again, and that's only because they really do find a problem.
koichirose

Postby koichirose » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:21 pm

mm i really don't see the problem..
too many connections from the same IP?
deww

Postby deww » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:24 pm

koichirose wrote:mm i really don't see the problem..
too many connections from the same IP?
If there are too many connections from the same IP address to the IRC server, you will see that message or server is full. It appears that the scanners found at least one service that is running on the IP address raises some flags as being unsafe/exploitable. In order to help reduce possible abuse, you are denied access.
wundr

Postby wundr » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:55 am

koichirose wrote:banned again.
the solution is: pay to go on EFnet.
Yes, that is one possible solution; more specifically, you would be paying to run a bnc on someone else's server, from which you would connect to EFNet. You don't have to pay directly to connect to EFNet.

You are getting banned because multiple blacklists have your ISP's NAT IP (which is your external IP) in their list as an open proxy that can be abused to send spam mail or other bad things. The best solution is for your ISP to fix their proxy to not allow anonymous use (abuse) from outside of their network.
can't you (ircop on efnet) remove that ban and we all live happy? 8)
The bans are being set for a reason, and until the reason is fixed, i would guess the bans will keep being set automatically (because your IP is listed in those blacklists).