Welcome to the new www.efnet.info forum :)

General talk about EFnet

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/General Moderators

nexxai

Postby nexxai » Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:31 pm

HI EVERYBODY.

I want you to love me again plz.
tcm oper: irc.choopa.net
Hardy
Site Admin

Postby Hardy » Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:10 pm

nexxai wrote:HI EVERYBODY.

I want you to love me again plz.
For the record, i hate your signature and will try to find a way to block pictures in signatures :twisted:
-- Hardy
Administrator: irc.underworld.no
Services Administrator
http://www.efnet.org admin/staff
wundr

Postby wundr » Fri Jul 25, 2003 7:07 pm

Hardy wrote:For the record, i hate your signature and will try to find a way to block pictures in signatures :twisted:
on a related note, is there a board setting to not show avatars? (other than setting my web browser to not show images, which i`ve been doing when i browse this forum) ... netmunky's avatar is not one that is good for me to have on my screen at work.
munky
Site Admin

Postby munky » Fri Jul 25, 2003 7:15 pm

no, there's not, unfortunately. this has already been discussed among admins earlier. to disable images in .sigs, we would have to disable bbcode altogether.
other than that, it's either edit the code of phpbb, or make it a forum rule and hand edit people's profiles that put images in their .sig
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:09 am

munky wrote:no, there's not, unfortunately. this has already been discussed among admins earlier. to disable images in .sigs, we would have to disable bbcode altogether.
other than that, it's either edit the code of phpbb, or make it a forum rule and hand edit people's profiles that put images in their .sig
I dont see the necessity to ban image sigs.....although I took mine out yester day cause I couldnt get it to line up very good with the text.
HM2K

Postby HM2K » Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:50 am

Hello, nice to see its back, ya see I go on holiday and come back and everything has changed, oh well. (miss me?)

Good work so far qurve, I hope to see some more features soon.
- HM2K - https://hm2k.org/
munky
Site Admin

Postby munky » Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:00 pm

EFNeT SuXoR wrote: I dont see the necessity to ban image sigs.....although I took mine out yester day cause I couldnt get it to line up very good with the text.
because i hate trying to read forums that turn into something like (random google forum)

you have an avatar to put your image in, there's no need for 400x200 pixil images in your .sig. it seems absurd to have threads where 50-90% of the thread is .sig images.[/url]
In God we trust,
lucy

Postby lucy » Mon Jul 28, 2003 6:21 pm

is there any way to limit how big they can be?
maybe a tiny little picture wouldn't be THAT bad.
but its pretty annoying seeing such big ones.
munky
Site Admin

Postby munky » Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:18 pm

we can allow/disallow signatures, and we can limit signature length (in characters). beyond that, any limitations are on all posts (allow/disallow bbcode, html, etc).

image uploading (other than avatars) isn't allowed, so all images are inline. this means we have no means of setting a limitation on the size of the image.
In God we trust,

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:30 am

munky wrote:we can allow/disallow signatures, and we can limit signature length (in characters). beyond that, any limitations are on all posts (allow/disallow bbcode, html, etc).

image uploading (other than avatars) isn't allowed, so all images are inline. this means we have no means of setting a limitation on the size of the image.
Well since the problem is height rather than width.........people should have a decency to limit height to 50-60 which is half| tad over half of what the one in this thread is, so there not a mile long thread.
munky
Site Admin

Postby munky » Tue Jul 29, 2003 1:49 pm

this thread seems to be going far off topic. i think we can consider it closed (and as the forum has been public for a couple weeks now, i think it's safe to say we've had our "welcome back"s)
In God we trust,