core in ratbox 1.3rc3

Discussion of EFnet's IRCDs (hybrid, ratbox, csircd)

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, Software/IRCD Moderators

-wassup-

core in ratbox 1.3rc3

Postby -wassup- » Sun Nov 30, 2003 5:50 pm

hi,
i'm running stock ratbox 1.3rc3 and a global /unkline causes the local server to core. i havent loaded up any modules having to do with klines. just some sats spy and links spy. heres what happend:

Code: Select all

[19:33] -irc.blah.com- *** Notice -- wassup!wassup@IRC.admin{wassup} added temporary 40 min. K-Line for [*airo@*.someisp.com] [flood bot]
[19:33] -irc.blah.com- Added temporary 40 min. K-Line [*airo@*.someisp.com]
[19:33] -irc.blah2.com- Added temporary 40 min. K-Line [*airo@*.someisp.com]
[19:33] *** Quits: airo (flood bot)
now when i do /unkline *airo@*.someisp.com on * the ircd cores. unfortunately i had my core file limit set to 0 so i got an empty core file. but in the log i found this

Code: Select all

[2003/11/30 18.41] wassup added temporary 40 min. K-Line for [*airo@*.someisp.com] [flood bot]
[2003/11/30 18.41] Damien removed temporary K-Line for [*airo@*.someisp.com]
[2003/11/30 18.41] file: fileio.c line: 72 (file_close): Assertion failed
it seems this core happens when someone tries to remove a kline globally after another person does.
Hwy

Postby Hwy » Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:33 pm

ulimit -c unlimited

Running that command (provided it's a system with a bourne shell derivative) will allow cores to be dumped. Then you can get the proper information.

I can't duplicate this core on my mixed testnet, using both temp and permanent remote klines.

I don't understand this core either...so mmmm I'd have to see a gdb trace.
-wassup-

Postby -wassup- » Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:05 am

yeah i've done that. i will try to core it again and give you a full gdb backtrace of the core. or would you like me to run ratbox through gdb and then try to core it?
Hwy

Postby Hwy » Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:07 pm

Full bt of the core.

If the core doesn't get dumped even with the unlimited -c ulimit, then you'll have to start it under gdb and core it.

It would also be good to take this off of the EFnet forums and on to the ircd-ratbox mailing list.
leeh
ircd-ratbox coder

Re: core in ratbox 1.3rc3

Postby leeh » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:39 pm

-wassup- wrote:hi,
i'm running stock ratbox 1.3rc3 and a global /unkline causes the local server to core. i havent loaded up any modules having to do with klines. just some sats spy and links spy. heres what happend:

now when i do /unkline *airo@*.someisp.com on * the ircd cores. unfortunately i had my core file limit set to 0 so i got an empty core file. but in the log i found this
Email ircd-ratbox@lists.ratbox.org - this forum isnt a good place to go to report bugs.