hosting my channel

Discussion of EFnet's IRCDs (hybrid, ratbox, csircd)

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, Software/IRCD Moderators

kreeper

hosting my channel

Postby kreeper » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:16 am

i would like to host my channel on a serve but i dont know how, can someone please help?
prz

Re: hosting my channel

Postby prz » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:55 am

I'm not sure I understand your question, but i'll try to reply (hopefully I do understand it correct).

If you would like to create a channel (have your own chat room on EFnet), you need to do the following on EFnet:

A) /join #ChannelNameYouWant (Be sure there are no other users in that channel, upon arriving. If there are, you won't 'own' the channel)

B) Have friends join the channel (do NOT mass invite people, or invite people you don't know.)

C) Enjoy. Since EFnet do not allow channel registration, you'll not need to do anything else. However, you can lose the channel if you leave it... so try to be there when you can, and have trusted people join the channel as well. So they can re-op you, upon your return.

Hopefully, this is what you were looking for. Having your own channel on EFnet is easy. But, technically you will not 'own' the channel in question. You will run it, for as long as you are there... providing, you were the first to join it.
prez@EFnet / prz@EFnet.Forums
prez@DALnet / prez@DALnet.Website