irc.umich.edu cookie source code public?

Discussion of EFnet's IRCDs (hybrid, ratbox, csircd)

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, Software/IRCD Moderators

icer

irc.umich.edu cookie source code public?

Postby icer » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:09 am

I have a network where i would like to make all my servers use the cookie logon. So users cannot connect to the network unless they /quote cookie rand_cookie_here.

Just like irc.umich.edu. When i grow up i wanna be.... !

Is the source public? I run austhex which is a rip of hybrid 5. Anyone able to give me a hand?

I have had a play with s_err.c and s_user.c and modded include/numeric.h (pre-coders should know what im talking about) and have got a random string to come up 1st thing on the ircd connect, but just not sure how to go around making a user /quote cookie rand_char to send it back to the server.

Any help is always good help. Damn spam bots are annoying. Death to all kiddiots.

Feel free to add my msn icer@austnetexposed.com for anyhelp. Cheers

-iCER
munky
Site Admin

Postby munky » Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:32 pm

umich uses a figlet mod on ratbox

the diff i got was made for 2.0, but only took slight mod to work with 2.0.11. i don't recall off the top of my head who made it, someone from the ratbox coder team. i'm not sure on it's portability to hyb5
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.
seiki

Postby seiki » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:21 pm

lee hardy, (leeh @ ircd-ratbox) created the figlet mod which is used on umich and servercentral. AndroSyn was probably involved too.

-douglas
icer

still alive?

Postby icer » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:36 pm

Well we swapped ircds, now up to hybrid 7.2.0.
Their support has slacked of past few months and i have not been able to get any assistance as of late.

Still waiting for this patch to be ported to hybrid 7.2.0 if possible. Any admins done this yet? if so, share the famous patch around please ;)

Need cookie ops on connect!

-iCER
Rejected

sif

Postby Rejected » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:44 pm

even just the orignal patch we can code it in

ps. iCER is a *im a bigot*
I am 1 from many