Ratbox3 config/oper help

Discussion of EFnet's IRCDs (hybrid, ratbox, csircd)

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, Software/IRCD Moderators

DrunkAndSexy

Ratbox3 config/oper help

Postby DrunkAndSexy » Sun May 11, 2008 12:20 pm

Hello,

For a verry small private irc server I compiled and configurated ratbox3.
It runs as it should and ssl works perfect, nothing to complain.

I have a few questions regarding the configuration. The server is password protected. What i want is several groups of users to have different "entry" passwords.
I tried to do this with an X amount of auth blocks, allowing user *@* but all blocks with a different password.
This doesnt work, only the password of the first auth block is accepted, the rest is not.

The other thing I cant get to work is rehashing the ircd config on the fly (e.g. without the need for a full server restart and thus killing all the client connections).

Is it possible to do what I want in ratbox? (and if so ... how?)

Sincerly,

Drunk
munky
Site Admin

Re: Ratbox3 config/oper help

Postby munky » Mon May 12, 2008 3:40 pm

auth block matching is done on the first hostmask pattern that matches your ident@host/ip. if you have everything *@*, then everything matches the first one and the rest are basically ignored.

to rehash the config, you should be able to either /quote rehash, or kill -HUP <ircd-pid>
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.
DrunkAndSexy

Postby DrunkAndSexy » Mon May 12, 2008 6:17 pm

Ah, tnx for the rehash. I use multiple netorks in psybnc, and it kept nagging about the fact I needed to supply an argument but now I got it to work.
If I understand you correctly you say its not possible to specify multiple passwords as entry passwords to the irc server so I can give different user groups different passwords?
munky
Site Admin

Postby munky » Tue May 13, 2008 3:45 pm

you can specify multiple passwords for entry, just not all with *@*. you have to be more limiting like, *@*.whatever.com == password1, *@*.somewhereelse.net == password2, etc.
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.
DrunkAndSexy

Postby DrunkAndSexy » Tue May 13, 2008 5:47 pm

Yes, I undestand what you are saying. The problem is that i cant divide the groups based on there hostnames and ip adresses, so im afraid there is no solution for my problem with ratbox ...